Today I’m offering up something super easy, and impossible to mess up. Now, I don’t know about all of you, but I love a quick and easy meal on those long, hard days. I personally don’t want to stand over the stove if I’ve been working extra hard that day. Anyway, I bring you an at home Stromboli.
What you’ll need:
Pizza dough (I like to use Pillsbury thin crust)
Pizza toppings of choice ( pepperoni, bacon, ham, cheese, olive…you name it.)
Pizza sauce, spaghetti sauce, or even Alfredo sauce for a change on the norm.
(Well, I wanted to put the steps with the pictures but blogger and myself are disagreeing on who’s the boss…..it’s formed a mind, and an agenda, of it’s own hahaha. It won’t make a difference in ease, a child can throw this together…but sure would have looked better. 🙁 Whatever, here we go.)
*Preheat oven to 350*
1. Unroll dough, spread out a little bit. (Careful if you use thin crust…..it’s called thin for a reason.)
2. Spread sauce, leavening a framing dough edge….DO NOT take it to the edge!!
3. Add toppings. ( In this example we just used cheese and pepperoni. I would suggest the layers start ,and end with cheese……because CHEESE! It also gives you a great hold to the dough on both top and bottom, this way you don’t have topping falling out if you want to take it on the go.)
4. Cut your strips along the edge.
5. Wrap it up, criss cross style. Mummify your pizza!
6. This part is up to you. You can either build this on the baking sheet, or build elsewhere and transfer. Here’s the difference: Doing it on the baking sheet, means cutting the strips on it. (I personally don’t like to cut on my baking sheets.) Transferring it can be tricky, I do mine by hand, being sure to get both hands under the bottom as much as possible. So far I’ve been able to transfer it with out it falling apart, and I’ve made this many times. You decide, but I’m sure you can pull off the transfer too.
7. Bake for 30mins
8. You can let it sit or enjoy right away. I suggest letting it sit if you want to slice it up for everyone, or carry it on the go.